In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we, as leaders and members of the .NET User Group Zürich, pledge to make participation in our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
Group leaders are responsible for clarifying the standards of acceptable behavior and are expected to take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any instances of unacceptable behavior.
We have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, lectures, presentations, and other contributions that are not aligned with this Code of Conduct or to ban temporarily or permanently any contributor for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
This Code of Conduct applies within public spaces when an individual is representing their community. Examples of representing a community include using an official project e-mail address, posting via an official social media account, or acting as an appointed representative at an online or offline event. Representation of a community may be further defined and clarified by community leaders.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting the User Group at contact[at]dotnet-zurich[at]ch. All complaints will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. The group leaders are obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident. Further details of specific enforcement policies may be posted separately.
Group leaders who do not follow or enforce the Code of Conduct in good faith may face temporary or permanent repercussions as determined by other members of the community leadership.
This Code of Conduct is adapted from the Contributor Covenant, version 1.4, available at https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/1/4/code-of-conduct.html